CAS PANDEMIC EMERGENCY OPERATIONS POLICY
March 25, 2020
Following Ontario Government’s announcement of “Essential Businesses”, Canada Auto Solutions Inc. will continue its operations to serve and support the auto repair and aftermarket industries. This document serves as guidelines to the way we will conduct business during the State of Emergency aiming at protecting our customers, our employees and our community. This document is subject to continuous updating in future should new directives be issued by the Federal or Provincial Governments.
CAS has already enacted its Pandemic Emergency Operations Policy. The following illustrates the details corresponding to the policy.
Our priorities are:
1. Follow the Federal and Provincial Governments’ Directives, Updates and Regulations as they unfold
The Government of Ontario Designates Businesses in the Repair and Auto Aftermarket Industries as Essential Workplaces
Businesses throughout the aftermarket supply chain have been designated by the Government of Ontario as Essential Workplaces, meaning they can remain open throughout the 14 day shutdown of non-essential businesses. The sector falls under the following category:
Retail and Wholesaling
- Motor vehicle, auto-supply, auto and motor-vehicle-repair, including bicycle repair, aircraft repair, heavy equipment repair, watercraft/marine craft repairs, car and truck dealerships and related facilities; and
- Gas stations, diesel, propane and heating fuel providers including providers of motor vehicle, aircraft and water/marine craft fuels.
CAS will continue to monitor the situation and will post timely updates as and when they unfold. Please visit our resource page on a regular basis www.canadaautosolutions.com for updates and details.
2. Protect the Financial Well-being of our Business
- Work on pushing safe sales
- Reducing operating costs
- Take care of your employees and do the right thing
3. Invoke Operations Departments’ Emergency Work Plan
- All direct door to door sales visits to be stopped
- Exceptional door to door visit recommended only for demonstration purposes if the demonstrations are not possible through remote presentations online
- Other exceptional door to door visits for deal closings and fund collections
- All planned visits must be prearranged and agreed with the customer prior to departure in accordance with the COVID-19 safety protocols
- Report closed sales by the end of each working day (latest 5:00 PM). The sales team is expected to inform the customers of any possible delays as a result of unforeseen measures
- Resume communication with present and potential customers through phone calls and emails only
- To preserve our direct sales the below tools will be used:
- All of our technicians are equipped with disinfecting kits
- Our technicians’ shoes’ outer soles are sprayed with disinfectants before walking into the customers’ premises
- Technicians spray-disinfect the equipment outside the premises before bringing the equipment inside the customers’ premises
- Technicians are requested to remove their disposable gloves, sanitize their hands, and wear new set of gloves before entering the customers’ workspaces
- Masks are mandatory throughout the delivery process
- Physical distancing is respected and practiced
Got any community initiative ideas? Contact Us
"CAS WILL BE AMONG CANADA’S LEADERS SERVING THE VEHICLE REPAIR INDUSTRY"